WHAT’S YOUR STORY? Take your non-fiction book from possibility to plan to publication… and beyond takes everything I’ve learned through writing books myself and helping my clients to write and self-publish books, and delivers it to you in a conversational, friendly way.
WHAT’S YOUR STORY? is available now from Amazon in paperback and Kindle formats.
The book takes you through the six key stages of writing, publishing and promoting a non-fiction book, and looks at some of the opportunities that can come about as the result of being an author.
If you’ve ever thought about writing a non-fiction book but have not known how to start, you need this book!
What does WHAT’S YOUR STORY cover?
Part 1 – Planning Your Book
- Why Do You Want to Write a Book?
- What The Heck Are You Going to Write About?!
- Structuring and Finetuning Your Content
- WIIFT? and WIIFM?
- Who is Your Ideal Reader?
- Guide, Memoir or Manual?
- Choosing Your Book Title
Part 2 – Writing Your Book
- How Are You Going to Write Your Book?
- Where to Write
- When to Write
- Writing Tips and Tricks
- How Long Should Your Book Be?
Part 3: Editing Your Book
- What Does Editing Mean?
- The First, Second, Third … Fourth … Fifth Edit!
- Beta Readers
- Why Bother with a Proofreader?
Part 4: Publishing Your Book
- A Bit of Background History on Printing
- Traditional Publishing
- Hybrid/Partner Publishing
- Print Book, E-book, or Audiobook?
- Choosing a Self-publishing Platform
- All About ISBNs
- How Do You Price Your Book?
- My Own Publishing Story
Part 5: Formatting Your Book
- What Do I Mean by ‘Formatting’?
- Formatting Your Book for Self-published Print Format
- Formatting Your E-book
- Cover Design
- Uploading Your Book
- Five Things to Do Once Your Book Has Been Published
Part 6: Promoting Your Book
- Why You Need to Promote Your Book
- Build a Website
- Social Media
- Run a Competition
- Plan a Book Launch
- Media Coverage
- Local Bookstores
- Amazon Price Reductions, Giveaways and Countdown Deals
- Podcasts, Interviews, Book Tours
Part 7: What’s Next? Making the Most of Opportunities
- Be Seen as an Expert
- Become a Media Darling!
- Public Speaking
- Voluntary Work
- Running Events
- A Whole New Business
- A Change to an Existing Business