Welcome to Conversations with Authors, where I – Alison Thompson, AKA The Proof Fairy – meet amazing authors and find out what inspires them to write and what advice they would offer other aspiring authors.
My guest today is Helen Dewdney, better known as The Complaining Cow. Helen is a consumer champion, journalist, blogger, consultant and best-selling author, with her books How to Complain: The Essential Consumer Guide to Getting Refunds, Redress and Results! and 101 Habits of an Effective Complainer. Helen is a regular on TV and radio and all over the printed media, so it’s a real privilege to chat with her for my podcast.
During our conversation we talk about promoting your book, the importance of reviews, and using books as marketing tools, and Helen also tells me how she may never have become a best-selling author if it wasn’t for one Jeremy Clarkson … you’ll have to listen to find out why!
More About Helen Dewdney
Helen Dewdney is The Complaining Cow. She is a consumer champion, journalist, blogger, bestselling author and consultant. As a consumer champion she hears on a regular basis what frustrates customers and how they would like to see things improved. She works with businesses to increase sales through improving customer service with compassion care and integrity. By reducing risk to reputation, finance and impact on the vulnerable customers you can turn your customers into superfans who will do the heavy lifting of marketing for you.
Helen regularly appears in the media talking about complaining and customer service. She is frequently seen and heard on BBC Breakfast, One Show, BBC Radio 2, 4 and 5 all the national newspapers and many magazines and more giving advice and opinion on consumer issues.
Helen’s books are “How to Complain: The Essential Consumer Guide to Getting Refunds, Redress and Results!” and “101 Habits of an Effective Complainer” Links:
- Website https://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/helendewdney/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/ComplainingCow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheComplainingCow
- Free Facebook group: Increase Sales through Customer Service with Care, Compassion & Integrity. Share advice, tips, ask questions etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/customerservicecarecompassionintegrity
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HelenDewdney
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/helen_dewdney/
- Books (How to Complain: The Essential Consumer Guide to Getting Refunds, Redress and Results! and 101 Habits of an Effective Complainer), research reports (Ombudsman Omnishambles, More Ombudsman Omnishambles and Whirlpool: The Tumble Story without the Spin): https://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/Publications
- Free download: 5 ways to get rave reviews and referrals to show how you can tweak a few processes, look at your customers as individuals and increase sales. https://business.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/