About the Podcast
Each week in the Conversations with Authors podcast I talk to a published author about what inspires them to write, how they go about the process and what advice they have for other aspiring authors. I talk to writers of fiction, non-fiction and memoir, old and young, first time authors and prolific writers.
Listen to the podcast here on my website or subscribe on all the main podcast platforms.
And if you are a published author (any publishing route, any genre) and would like to be a guest on the podcast, apply here.
- Bobby Nash: award-winning multi-genre full-time authorIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet Bobby Nash, an award-winning author with over 150 writing credits to his name. We talk about the perks of writing crime novels, how to let your characters lead the story and what it’s like to be a full-time author.
- Nicola Hebron: Wiccan Romance and magical teenage quadsIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet Nicola Hebron, author of the Wiccan Romance series of books. Nicola talks about method writing, the benefits of self-publishing and how learning about herself through writing gets her through challenging times.
- Peter Jones: Self-help guru, public speaker and humorous novelistIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet Peter Jones, author of three novels and five self help books. We talk about the difference between writing fiction and non-fiction and why he casts Hollywood actors as his characters.
- J.T. Scott aka The Dragon LadyIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet J.T. Scott, author of two series of children’s books. Jenny – also known as The Dragon Lady – talks about story overload, thinking big and creating book-related merchandise to increase your author profile.
- Lisa Cherry: The experience of children in careIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet international speaker and trainer Lisa Cherry, who is the author of four books, including two focusing on the experience of children in care. We talk about using writing as a tool for healing, and why authors need to be courageous.
- Roger Edwards: Cats, Mats and Marketing PlansIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet marketing consultant and international speaker Roger Edwards, author of “Cats, Mats and Marketing Plans”. We talk about traditional vs. self-publishing and how dictation is a great tool for any author.
- J.A. Lovelock: Let Me Tell You Something!In this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet lawyer, podcaster and author J.A Lovelock. Joyanna published her first book in 2019 and she has some interesting stories about how the universe shaped her writing career.
- Gordon Frederick Coggon: a nuclear test veteran’s storyIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet retired RAF veteran Gordon Frederick Coggon. Gordon completed his memoir at the age of 82 and he provides a fascinating insight into his time on Christmas Island in the 1950s, where he witnessed the UK Government’s nuclear tests.
- Dr Harry Singh, facial aesthetics practitioner: Using books to leverage your businessIn this episode of Conversations with Authors I meet property investor, facial aesthetics expert and author of five books Dr Harry Singh. Harry talks about how he manages to write a book in just a few weeks, and why his books have become very effective business cards.
- Lindsay Woodward: Love stories with a sci-fi or supernatural twistIn this episode of Conversations with Authors, Lindsay Woodward gives some useful advice on how to plan novels and talks about how she uses her own life experiences as inspiration for her supernatural love stories.
- Alan Owen, Legacy of the Atomic Bomb, Recognition for Atomic Test Survivors (LABRATS)In this episode of “Conversations with Authors” I meet Alan Owen, founder of LABRATS and former chair of the British Nuclear Testing Veterans Association. In our conversation, we discuss print on demand versus vanity publishing, why you should never make assumptions, and how to use beta readers to ensure your book is as good as it can be.
- A.D. Hyde, The Leukaemia DiariesIn this episode of “Conversations with Authors” I meet A.D. Hyde, author of “The Leukaemia Diaries: Seeing the Funnier Side of Cancer”. In our conversation, Anthony explains how he found his voice as a writer and talks about being bitten by the writing bug.
- Faigy Liebermann, ADHD Coach and Home OrganiserIn this episode of “Conversations with Authors” I meet Faigy Liebermann, ADHD coach and author of three books aimed at women with ADHD. If you’ve ever been terrified by the sight of a blank page, Faigy gives her thoughts on how to overcome that fear and accept that there is no such thing as perfect when it comes to writing.
- The Relaunch of the Conversations with Authors PodcastAlison Thompson, AKA The Proof Fairy, chats to amazing authors about what inspires them to write, how they go about the writing process and what advice they can pass on to other aspiring authors.
The Original Conversations…
Conversations with Authors originally started back in 2014-15, when I recorded over 20 interviews with authors and published them on my website. Of course, podcasts weren’t really a thing back then – I was a bit of a trailblazer really! Those original interviews still exist and you can listen to them on the links below. Although they may be out of date in some ways, they are still packed with hints and advice for aspiring authors.
- Peter Jones
- Madalyn Morgan
- Ellen Watts
- Dave Marriott
- Stefan Thomas
- Charlie Holles
- Nigel Morgan
- Darryl Cunningham
- Terry Loong
- David Hough
- Tamsen Garrie
- Vanessa Stottor
- John Shea
- Ann Palmer
- Susan Ritchie
- Clemence Moulaert
- Jonathan Rees
- Patricia Fawcett
- Nicola Menage
- Kathryn Hodgson
- Elizabeth Lee
- Suzan St Maur
- Katarina West
- Susan Hegedus